This page is reference only. It is not a complete list of requirements. We provide it “AS IS” basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. Consult a lawyer with a specialty in this area of law for Legal Advice.
- Reference link
- This law requires direct access to emergency number. This should have been default in the first place but some people need a law to tell them not to do something stupid like requiring a 9 in front of an emergency number.
- Steps to set this up.
- Create an Emergency Outbound route.
- Set the emergency caller ID on the extension, domain-variables dialplan, or directly in the outbound routes.
- Make sure your VoIP provider has 911 support and an address defined to match the number you are sending
- Make a test call to 933 if the VoIP provider supports it if not call 911 and tell them its a test call.