Registering an Extension using a hardware phone or adapter (ata) using Grandstream.
Granstream is one of the common brand of phone and adapters for voip. From call centers to offices and home offices Grandstream products can be found. Grandstream has a large selection of hardware from phones, video phones to analog telephone adapters.
In our example we will register an analog telephone adapter (ata) model HT701.
- Goto the device ip address. The default password should be admin. Enter admin and click login
- Click on the FXS PORT tab on the top right.
Primary Sip Server: subdomain.domain.com
Failover SIP Server: subdomain1.domain.com (this can be left blank or can use Primary if only 1 sip server)
SIP User ID: 1000
Authenticated Password: thepassword
Click Update then click Apply at the bottom
- Click the Status tab on the top left. You should see the Registration as Registered and the User ID 1000
- Troubleshooting tips
- Check, double check that the correct extension number and password is being used.
- Reboot the device.
- Check Fail2ban and see if the ip got blocked.
- Make sure you have created an DNS A record for the domain being used and there are no typos
- Nat, firewalls and router settings. Some brands of routers can cause issues. Google the make and model of router or firewall appliance for common settings or remedies.
- Visit Grandstream Supoprt http://www.grandstream.com/support