SMTP2GO is a paid email service for sending email. They do however have 1,000 free messages a month and paid plans that are reasonable.
- Sign up for the service
- After you confirm your email, sign in. You can create an smtp user at this screen or in the next step.
- Go to Settings > Users and create an smtp user or additional smtp users.
- You can set authentication by ip address. It’s a good idea to set the limit here also from Unlimited to match which plan you choose.
- Set the domain to your domain to make delivery seem as it came right from your own mail server. This can help sending to strict email domains.
- From your FusionPBX server install go to Advanced > Default Settings > Email section.
|Default Setting Subcategory||Default Setting Name||Default Setting Value||Default Setting Enabled||Default Setting Description|
|smtp_host||text||mail.smtp2go.com||True||email providers server address|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||True||smtp from emaill address|
|smtp_port||numeric||587||True||port number of the mail server provider|
|smtp_from_name||text||Voicemail||True||smtp from name|
|smtp_auth||text||TRUE||True||smtp auth is required|
|email@example.com||True||Use the full email address|
|smtp_password||text||True||typically the email password|
|smtp_secure||text||tls||True||tls or ssl depending on the provider.|
|smtp_validate_certificate||boolean||TRUE||True||set to false to ignore SSL certificate warnings e.g. for self-signed certificates|