1. Create Alias Ports in pfSense¶
- Configure pfSense to open the necessary ports for FusionPBX and Freeswitch.
- In pfSense navigate to Firewall >> Aliases and click on the Ports TAB.
Name: PBX Description: FusionPBX Type: Ports
- Then proceed to add the ports as follows.
Port Description 80 HTTP 443 HTTPS 5060:5061 SIP Internal 5080:5081 SIP External 16384:32768 RTP
- After you are finished Click SAVE.
2. Configure pfSense Port Forwarding¶
- Click on the ‘+’ to ADD a new Entry.
- Firewall >> NAT >> Port Forward: Add
Interface: WAN Protocol: TCP/UDP Destination: <<Select a Public IP from the List>> Destination Port Range: from: (Other) PBX to: (Other) PBX
Redirect target IP: 10.10.0.10 Redirect target port: (Other) PBX
Description: FusionPBX NAT reflection: Use system default
- Click SAVE when done.
3. Configure FusionPBX¶
- In FusionPBX
- System >> Variables > IP Address Section
If you have a static public IP you can replace XX.XX.XX.XX with that IP.
external_rtp_ip XX.XX.XX.XX external_sip_ip XX.XX.XX.XX
If you have a dynamic IP address you can get a Dynamic DNS from a company such as dyndns.org.
external_rtp_ip myname.dyndns.org external_sip_ip myname.dyndns.org
Advanced >> SIP Profiles
Edit the Internal Profile and add
Name: aggressive-nat-detection Value: true Enabled: True
Status >> SIP Status Stop and Start the internal profile for the changes to take effect.